2020 is the 100th anniversary of curling in Prince George and the 125th anniversary of curling in British Columbia. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate that than by hosting Canada’s most rockin’ party! The Tim Hortons' Brier is the Canadian Men's Curling Championship and hosts the legendary Brier Patch, with tons of fun for all ages! To show Curling Canada that Prince George and Northern BC have what it takes, we need to sell a minimum of 2020 full tournament packages by April 15, 2018.
Help us bring the Brier to Northern BC by reserving your Brier tournament package by April 15, 2018 for just $20.20.
Your $20.20 deposit supports the Prince George 2020 Brier bid and reserves your Brier tournament package. Should the bid be unsuccessful, your deposit will be refunded in full.
Why bring the 2020 Brier to Prince George?
Recognized as one of the world’s premier curling championships, the Brier brings together Canadians from coast to coast to coast and is Canada’s greatest winter party.
As 2020 marks the 100th Anniversary of the first curling club in Prince George and the 125th Anniversary of curling in British Columbia, there's no better time to celebrate. With fun for the whole family, the Brier will provide an opportunity to showcase everything that our incredible city and region has to offer!
When and where will the 2020 Brier take place?
Although still being confirmed, likely dates are February 28 to March 8, 2020. The Brier will take place at CN Centre.
How can I help bring the 2020 Brier to Prince George?
By placing a $20.20 deposit on a Brier tournament package! We need to show Curling Canada that Prince George is the unsurpassed community to host the 2020 Brier so by April 15, 2018, we need to sell a minimum of 2,020 deposits on 2020 Brier packages.
Why would I want a Brier tournament package?
A tournament package reserves your seat to all draws of the Brier, plus the Playoffs, plus the Final Game! PLUS you have access to the celebrated “Brier Patch”.
What is the Brier Patch?
The Brier Patch is the social centre of the 2020 Brier. The plan is to locate the “Patch” in Kin 2 and Kin 3 arenas. At over 34,000 square feet of entertainment, food, beverages, and friends – it will be THE place to be in 2020!
How much will a 2020 Brier tournament package cost?
Prices are still to be determined, but Regina’s 2018 Brier full event package is $499.
Are deposits refundable?
You bet! All deposits will be refunded if Prince George does not win the 2020 Brier bid.
If Prince George does win the bid, deposits will not be refunded, and we can look forward to the 2020 Brier!
If we win the bid, when would I need to buy my 2020 Brier package?
If Prince George wins the bid, information will be communicated about event packages and payment plans.
Sounds terrific! How do I buy a $20.20 deposit?
$20.20 deposits are available online at www.ticketsnorth.ca, by phone at 1-888-293-6613, or in person at the TicketsNorth box office.
I'm still not sold, I need some extra motivation...
Everyone who buys a 2020 Brier package deposit will have their name entered in a draw to win FOUR tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s CRYSTAL for opening night - Wednesday, April 25th!
Prince George Curling: 10 Fun Facts
1. The first Curling Club in Prince George was started in 1920 and was located where the Hands on Car Wash now stands on 3rd Avenue.
2. Prince George’s largest bonspiel is called the Kelly Cup and was started in 1927.
3. The McCullagh Shield was the first ever trophy donated to the club in 1921 and was joined with the Kelly Cup in 1950.
4. The original Men’s Championship trophy in Prince George was called the Cigar Cup and was started in 1922.
5. Prince George has hosted the Scotties Tournament of Hearts twice, once in 1983 and once in 2000.
6. The Prince George Golf and Curling Club is the home rink of 2009 and 2015 national champion in wheelchair curling, Frank Labounty.
7. The Prince George Golf and Curling club is the home rink of two-time Scotties Tournament of Hearts competitor, Patti Knezevic.
8. A well-known jeweller in Prince George named JC Kelly donated the Kelly Cup to the club.
9. The Kelly Cup is three and a half feet tall, weighs over 100 pounds and can hold 3.5 gallons of water (although it usually holds a different type of liquid...)
10. 2018 will be the 91st Kelly Cup!